Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer Cleaning Day 10


Today's Summer Cleaning project was to clean out and organize all the kitchen drawers. My kitchen here is small, BUT it has more-than-sufficient cupboard and drawer space, so this was quite the task!


First, I emptied out the silverware holder and washed that.

Confession: When we moved last summer (locally), I honestly didn't even empty out this little organizer. I put the whole thing (filled with the silverware) into a box, packed some newspaper in with it and sealed the box. When we found it at the new house, I just stuck it in the drawer and moved on!


Then I moved onto a random drawer and my spice drawer. I cleaned some items out of the random drawer, so it isn't quite so random anymore!

And I'm sure it's clear that I purchase most (all?) of my spices at Aldi, right?


These two drawers were probably the worst offenders in my kitchen! I removed everything, washed the containers and then reorganized everything - much more neatly this time.


There! It looks much better now. I think it will be easier to find kitchen utensils, too, now!


The final section of drawers that I tackled was my "skinny" drawers, where I keep my plastic baggies, foil, plastic wrap, and dishclothes and towels.


We get Monday and Tuesday of next week off from cleaning, as I will be out of town.

We'll pick up on Wednesday with this:

Clean your oven, stove top and microwave. Scrub down all three appliances, inside and out. If you choose, you can run the self-cleaning cycle on your oven (whether or not I will do this depends on the weather).

If you need to catch up:

  • Days 1 & 2 - clean out your purse, wash throw blankets and clean the refrigerator.
  • Day 3 - clean the freezer.
  • Day 4 - vacuum underneath beds.
  • Day 5 - vacuum underneath couches and chairs.
  • Day 6 - clean the washer & dryer and clean out the car.
  • Day 7 - clean the baseboards (and door frames).
  • Day 8 - clean the switchplates and door handles.
  • Day 9 - clean your light fixtures.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!